Eddie's WeekBirdcage Bottom Books
"Eddie's Week" by Patrick Dean
Eddie Lubomir is heading into a quiet week off from work, but the city of Tragoston's Stay at Home Warden Project (S.T.H.W.P.) unexpectedly places a convict in his care...in a prison cell...in his living room! Eddie and his new inmate roommate, Randall, get off to a rocky start but manage to find a way to co-exist and even enjoy each other's company. But when Randall takes advantage of a thin disguise and Eddie's date night with the unflappable Liz to escape his living room prison cell, Eddie must create a wild web of lies that spirals out of control to protect Randall and himself in a city where no one is quite who they seem to be. The rest of Eddie's week becomes an avalanche of theft, robberies, secret organizations, and murder. Romp your way through this absurd crime comedy showcasing wacky government bureaucracy, intermittent show tunes, pissed off bees, bear costume enthusiasts and you, too, will know some of Tragoston's secrets.
- Read the Publishers Weekly review here!
- Read Eleanor Davis' review in The Comics Journal here!
- Read the BoingBoing article on Patrick's use of eye gaze technology to create art here!
- Watch Eleanor Davis, Robert Newsome & Hillary Brown interview/reflect on Patrick Dean at an Avid Books author event here!
- Read Stergios Botzakis' review in Graphic Novel Resources here!
- Katie Skelly & Sally Madden discuss Eddie's Week on Thick Lines Podcast - listen here!
- Watch an Inside Edition piece on Patrick's use of eye gaze technology here!
- Read Sean Kleefeld's review in Kleefeld on Comics here!
- Read Allison Salerno's interview with Patrick in Folks: A Pillpack Magazine here!
- Listed in Rob McMonigal's Favorite Comics of 2020 in Panel Patter here!
Published by Birdcage Bottom Books
6” x 8”, 196 pages. $14 ($2 donated to ALSA)
Full-color cover with b+w interior. Perfect bound GN