In The Future, We Are DeadBirdcage Bottom Books
"In The Future, We Are Dead" by Eva Müller
In The Future, We Are Dead is a collection of nine short comics thematically linked in their exploration of mortality. Some stories focus on a young Müller coming to terms with her growing terror of death, others show a grown Müller still grappling with her fears.
Translated from German.
* Winner of Charly Eiselt Award for "Best Book From A Newcomer" in the 2018 Independent Comic Awards
* Selected as one of two non-Japanese books for "Best Manga" by the Japan Media Arts Festival jury!
* Current project ("Simple People") finalist for Germany's biggest comics award, Berthold Leibinger Stiftung!
- Read the Publishers Weekly review here!
- Read Robin Enrico's review in Broken Frontier here!
- Read John Seven's review in The Comics Beat here!
- Read a short interview with Eva Müller in Death & The Maiden here!
- Read Stergio Botzakis' review in Graphic Novel Resources here!
- Artist in Residency at Japan Media Arts Agency of Cultural Affairs 2019 (Japan)
- Artist in Residency at Künstlerdorf Schöppingen 2020 (Germany)
- Writer in Residency at Eisnebacher Dorfschreiberin 2020 (Germany)
- Writer in Residency at Villa Sarkia 2020 (Finland)
- Artist in Residency Camargo Foundation 2021 in Cassis, France to work on her new graphic novel, Simple People (focusing on labor & class)
- Chosen for Paul Gravett's "Top 22 Graphic Novels" list
Published by Birdcage Bottom Books
** We have a very limited number of Éditions Même Pas Mal's "Plutôt Mourir" French edition! **
7.5” x 10.5”, 160 pages. $15
Full-color covers and interior. Perfect-bound GN